Happy Monday readers! Sad that the three-day weekend has come to an end? Well worry not, I have just the thing to turn that frown upside down! Cake in under five minutes 🙂 You heard me right, you are only five minutes away from enjoying some tasty cake to beat the Monday blues. Even if you have not mastered the gift of baking, I promise you will be able to make this cake with the magic of the microwave. Thank you kitchen technology for giving us the gift of on-demand sweets. Now you can make your cake and eat it too. Enjoy!
Ingredients & Equipment
- One 16 ounce mug (or two 8 ounce mugs)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons and 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
Quick Steps to Cake!
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, sugar, milk, oil and vanilla extract until batter is smooth.
- Stir chocolate chips into batter until evenly mixed.
- Pour batter into a microwave-safe coffee mug and cook for 90 seconds.
- If you are using two 8 ounce mugs, start with one minute per mug and increase in 10 second increments until cake is fully cooked.
- Cool for one minute and enjoy as is or top with whipped cream or ice cream!